Claim statements and forms
If you need Sun Life claim or other forms click here
Sick leave, Medical Information, Reduced Workload, and Disability
At Algonquin, HR23 is the Sick Leave (Short Term and Long Term Disability) policy.
We have helped a number of members with questions such as those listed below. Contact your steward or the office immediately if you can answer yes to any of these questions:
- Have you been asked to provide medical evidence to support sick leave days?
- Has your doctor advised you to take time off from work?
- Have you been denied sick leave for any reason?
- Have you used all or almost all of your sick leave credits?
- Has the College indicated a desire to contact your doctor directly?
- Have you been asked to provide medical evidence to support an application for LTD?
- Have you had an application for LTD rejected?
- Do you require accommodation or think you might require it because of a disability?
- Have you considered requesting a reduced workload for any reason?
- Do you believe you could return to work from sick leave or LTD but would require an accommodation or a reduced workload?
- Are you in a position to earn outside income while on leave of any kind?
Return to work
At Algonquin College, HR15 is the Return to Work with Modified Workload policy. One of our accommodation stewards will accompany you to your return to work meeting.
Know the relevant Collective Agreement articles
- Article 17: Benefits
- Article 18: Long-Term Disability
- Article 19: Other Insurance Plans
- Article 26: Partial-Load Employees
(extended health; dental; survivor benefits; vision; hearing; basic life insurance; supplemental life insurance; liability insurance; retirement benefits; same sex spouse benefit coverage)
The benefits provider for all college employees is SunLife
- For FT members, click Benefits at a Glance to see a two-page summary.
- For FT members, click Benefit Rates to see a one-page overview of coverage and premium payment details.
- For PL members, you are able to purchase benefits according to Article 26. Did you know that you can bridge benefits between contracts? Contact your PL Liaison via firstname.lastname@example.org or follow this link for more information.
- For PL members, to see options about Benefits at a Glance follow this link.