To all those returning to campus – welcome back! Please do stop by C215b to say hello, as we are keeping a more regular presence in the Local office!
We also acknowledge the many faculty who have been working physically on campus throughout this pandemic. We hope that the S’22 semester is off to good start for all! Below are a few key updates from your Local.
Workload, Course Renewal Time, PD, and SWFs
- Our Local continues to support members who raise questions about workload, equity and SWF loading. Remember you can refer your SWF to the Workload Monitoring Group (WMG) at any point in the semester if something changes with your workload (i.e., increased student numbers, changed evaluation methods, etc.).
- The college is pushing multi-modal delivery pilots. Do not volunteer for this activity without having your time adequately reflected on your SWF or employment contract.
- If you have not already taken your 112 hours of course renewal time (as announced in the Routine Course Maintenance memo from September 2021), reach out for help promptly. These hours are only available until the end of S’22.
Long Service Recognition & Retirees
- Have you been with the college for a period of 10 years or more? If so, you should have received recognition from the college for your service. The college knows there was a glitch in Workday and is working on a solution.
- Please accept our CONGRATULATIONS! to all faculty celebrating milestones in their college careers – from 10 to 50 years!
- CONGRATULATIONS to those celebrating retirement after exceptional careers in education. Please remember you do NOT have to take vacation before June 30. If you have questions, please contact us.
Multi‑Factor Authentication Tokens
For those faculty not wishing to download and use the MS Authenticator app on your phone, you may request a token from your manager. The use of the app or a token is a security measure the college introduced to protect itself. If you experience any challenges with your request for a token, please reach out to the Local.
General Membership Meetings (GMM) – June 27 and September 1
Please hold the date and time in your calendar for two Local GMMs, Monday June 27 from 2-4 and Thursday, September 1 from 2-4. You will receive updates about the Local and vote on committee representation as well as Local dues. A separate invitation will follow for registration with options to attend online or in-person.
As ever, if you have questions or comments, please e-mail email@example.com or leave us a message at (613) 727-4723 extension 7716.
Your Local 415 Leadership Team
Annette Bouzi, President
Judy Puritt, First Vice-President
Ala’ Qadi, Second Vice-President
Tracy Henderson, Chief Steward
Martin Lee, Secretary
Shawn Pentecost, Treasurer