|All 24 college locals are holding Day of Action activities on Monday, October 15th on the eve of the strike anniversary.
The two key themes for the day are:
1. Restore the Colleges Taskforce and
2. Protect Bill 148 and Decent Work Laws (including equal pay for contract workers).
As it stands, Premier Ford has announced his intention to repeal parts of Bill 148, but has also been reluctant to follow through because of strong public opposition. It is extremely important to keep that opposition up in the coming days.
RECOMMENDED FACULTY ACTION:
Sign the Petition
The petition is crucial to the political strategy. Please strongly encourage all of your members and community to sign it.
Tweet You MPP on October 15
We’re preparing for an exciting online Day of Action on October 15!
- Message Ideas – Here are some tweets to get you started. Feel free to adapt these messages.
- Thank you for your service. We appreciate the work you do, but not enough to hire you full-time. Sound fair?
- Educators should have a say in academic decisions. Restore the task force!
- Contract workers deserve the same pay, benefits, and job security as permanent workers.
- Equal pay for women, equal pay for contract workers. Let’s make things right!
- Support fairness for contract faculty
- One year ago, faculty were preparing to walk the lines, fighting for their rights. One year later, we are fighting to protect these rights.
- Students gain the most when faculty are treated with fairness and respect.
- #EqualPay affects all members of the college community. Help us protect this law!
- The difference between a $14 and a $15 hourly minimum wage can determine whether a college student can put food on the table or pay rent.
- Our rights today shape our tomorrow. Fight for fairness!
- Support your college faculty! Sign the petition and RT: https://www.15andfairness.org/college_faculty
- Tag your MPPs – Don’t forget to tweet your messages to your local MPPs.
|Roberts Jeremy||Ottawa West—Nepean||https://twitter.com/jr_ottawa|
|Harden Joel||Ottawa Centre||https://twitter.com/JoelHardenONDP|
|Fraser John||Ottawa South||https://twitter.com/JohnFraserOS|
- Add hashtags: #15andfairness #StandWithFaculty #onpse #onpoli
- Tweet graphics – use together with or separately from messages. We have some conventional OPSEU-approved graphics, as well as some fun graphics (not OPSEU-approved, but pretty awesome). Don’t forget to @tag and #Hashtag your graphics! Please find graphics here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11nMQwMV-rp-4_UjncOOMAELJW2xgiNRh?usp=sharing
One local MPP’s change of face!
|Gharmari Goldie on Picket Line at Algonquin College Supporting Quality Education and Bill 148
|It is rather ironic that we now find Goldie Ghamari as an MPP in a party that does not support Quality Education and Bill 148|