The Following are the top ten contract demands of Local 415 as voted on at the February 16, 2012 local demand setting meeting. Many were the same demands flagged as significant in the pre- bargaining survey completed by faculty in January. A total of 24 demands were approved and then ranked by the members in attendance at the meeting.
1. Get recognition on the SWF for new forms of delivery ( e.g. electronic, on-line,etc.)
2. Improve the adequacy of the time credited on the SWF for evaluation and feedback
3. Acquire copyright of materials produced by faculty
4. Stay between high school and university salary maximums, staying closer to university levels
5. Clarify duties of coordinators
6. Improve contract language requiring preference for the creation of full-time positions
7. Provide SWFs for counsellors
8. Provide inflation protection
9. Specify a process for complaints about managers who act unfairly or inequitably
10. Recognize faculty’s responsibility to select material and evaluation methods
These and 14 other demands will go to the Provincial Demand Setting Meeting in Toronto ( March 31-April 1) where they will be voted on and ranked along with the demands from the other 23 locals.
See the draft minutes here of the February 16, 2012 meeting.